For the first time in a few weeks, I have a chunk of time to myself and even though I have a loooong list of things to tend to, I can’t help but reflect on the fullness of this past month.
The first part of July was spent saying goodbye to favorite people and places in Brooklyn. It was sad to leave certain parts of our life there, and I already miss my friends + family that were so near and so dear. The middle of July was spent with my family in Lake George which was such a nourishing treat. Then Luca and I floated around a bit until we were able to move into our new home on the very last day of July… which just so happened to be a blue moon, or the second full moon in a month! A special day indeed. So now here we are in August, my favorite month of the year and I’m finally ready to resurface.
Looking back on July, so many incredible things happened that I was barely able to process in the tempo of life around me.. Such as…
- Luca started taking his first few steps !! After a month of practicing, he is now (as of yesterday) feeling confident and choosing to walk on his own. I’m still getting used to spotting him waddle around.
- We had an incredible photo shoot with the oh so talented Alaina Muckell, and now will forever have beautiful images of Luca and I when we lived in Brooklyn. I am SO grateful for Alaina and for these pictures.
- I hosted a mala making workshop! Six incredible women gathered around my dining room table to craft their own unique mala. I can’t wait to host another one of these.
- I designed 3 mini malas exclusively for Prema Yoga, which are now on sale in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn!! I can’t believe this actually happened!
- A piece I wrote was featured in Teach.Yoga – a beautiful online space created by Elena Brower. This was such a surprise as I submitted this mini article months ago, and assumed it hadn’t been a match since I didn’t receive a reply. Then last week I woke up extremely exhausted, asked for a miracle, opened my inbox, and discovered my work featured in the weekly email. Surprise!
- I have been working with two of the most loveliest clients, and have so enjoyed picking up my coaching practice again.
- We moved into a HOUSE and it feels really, really, good…and messy. I can’t believe the all the space that is ours, and how much furniture we now need after coming from a little 2 bedroom apartment. Slowly but surely it will come together. Right now I am treasuring our backyard + driveway amongst many other things.
So, that’s what has been happening. I’m excited to get my feet back on the ground and start building something here in Lancaster, PA. Thank you for reading and I’d SO love to hear what has been happening in your life.