“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat and be yourself.” – Herman Hesse
Here are a few ideas on how you can make the most of your altar:
- Meditate!! One of the best ways to start the day.
- Yoga : you can do one down dog or a full 60-90 minute practice. I don’t quite have that time these days, so I squeeze in some cat/cows, down dogs, and general wiggling around to make my body feel good.
- Practice gratitude : a deceivingly simple yet powerful thing to do. Gets me every time.
- Read an uplifting passage from a book. I am currently loving everything Pema Chodron, Buddhist nun has to say.
- Make room for poetry : read or write.
- Light a candle and set an intention for the day.
Use your altar as a physical reminder to connect to yourself.
I can’t wait to hear what form your altar takes and what you do in its space. And if you want to get into the whole meditation thing – I am working on a mini meditation bundle for you to enjoy anywhere and anytime! It will be ready soon and you can listen to a sample you here. I can’t wait to share!
Also, this post from Danielle LaPorte gives great instructions on how to energize and activate your sacred objects.