Working on my own projects while being a mom (without child care) requires tremendous flexibility, creativity, and mobility. I do my best to use Luca’s naps to get my things done – not the dishes and laundry – and I love being able to pop into my rotation of cafes for a change of scenery and a cup of coffee.
So if you are looking for a break in Frankfurt – here are some of my favorites – pretty much all of them are in the Nordend area and they all have outdoor seating.
In no particular order…
- Cafe Caramel (best soft boiled eggs in town!)
- The Cafe in the Holzhausen Park (one of my favorite parts about living close to the park)
- Kaffemacherei (the barrista makes the most beautiful cappuccino – see above photo)
- Strandcafe (has a nice quiet outdoor seating area)
- Tia Emma (close to the Zeil – sells washi tape and other amazingly cute things)
- Glaburg Cafe (I just love this place – has an amazing brunch as well)
- Espresso Bar (super cozy)
- Matilda’s Kitchen (sweet tea cups and cookbook – in Westend)
There are still many I haven’t been to yet, and I’m trying to cope with the fact that I may not get to them all before it’s time to go. Until then I will be practicing pretty much the only german phrase I know: “Ich mochte ein cappuccino” and then pray they don’t ask me anything else.